Friday, February 24, 2006

a quick update...

Wow. Things have been busy this month. Susanna and I just moved last week and that was crazy. But we had a ton of great helpers from church to paint and move furniture and hook up the washing machine and just tie up all the loose ends we would never have thought to plan for. It made for some fun lunches in the backyard with some older men and teenage boys from the church, and it was great to get to know them better. And taking breaks for Kola Real and conversation was a highlight as well. So now we are settled into our cute house and loving it.

It is the last and most intense weekend of Carnaval here, where everyone throws water balloons, shoots water guns, and pours buckets of water on total strangers in the street. We have gotten off pretty easy but just now on my way to the internet cafe, two guys tried to get me, but they missed!

I will start work at Promesa school next month, working in an English class with 4 year olds! This will be a new and challenging experience, but one I am really looking forward to as well. My art group is really getting going, and this Saturday we start on a longer project of Papier mache footed bowls...we'll see how they turn out!

Please pray for me in this busy time that I will take time to really listen to the Lord and what he is trying to teach me, and that I will do things well even though preparation time is getting harder to come by.

Thanks for keeping up with me and feel free to keep the mail coming! It makes my day. I will post some pictures of the new house and from this afternoon's Carnaval festivities with the little kids soon.

No comments: