Tuesday, February 07, 2006

La Paz, Bolivia

We had to leave the country to get our visas renewed, so Susanna, Andrew and I went to La Paz, Bolivia last week. It was nice to be in a big city with more American-type comforts and some fun shopping, but it was really great to be back to Cusco with all its charm and safety! I did buy a nice coat since I came here without much for cold weather and it's awfully cold here compared to what I'd prepared for in Lima.





This one is out at dinner one night. I got a traditional Bolivian dish with beef covered with two fried eggs over rice and fried potatoes. It was pretty good.










Susanna and me downtown.















me and Andrew downtown.














We found real donuts!









This was the view from the bus home. We rode for 12 hours all through the Andes Mountains. It was beautiful.












this guy got on the bus about 8 hours into the trip and played a few songs, which was a welcome diversion - he was pretty good!

No comments: