Tuesday, March 07, 2006

So the following pictures are a little mixed. Some are from our recent 'paseo' this past Saturday to Pata Pata. It is basically a big field a little bit outside of town where we took the youth from our Saturday club for the day. We played a lot of games, sang and had a devotional time, cooked hot dogs on a fire, and had a great time. Other pictures are from regular Saturday club days, and of the younger children helping me set up for dinner on those days. They are so helpful and it is really a neat time to work with them and encourage them in their helpfulness.
Even more pictures are from our planning meetings with the Peruvian seminary grads who help us out with the Saturday club, and one fun night when we grilled hamburgers on our new grill in the backyard!
Things are going wonderfully. I started yesterday at Promesa Colegio, a bilingual Christian school here in Cusco. Classes begin next week and I will be helping out with the 4 and 5 year olds in English. This is already a really encouraging and exciting experience for me. The other people who work at the school are really neat and have been so welcoming. It is so funny to me that God has me here doing - and loving - so many new things that I never thought I would do.
Thanks so much for your continued support and prayers. I am learning a ton and seeing God work in so many lives. It is such a privilege to be here and I thank you all for your part in getting and keeping me here.

No comments: